Exceptional Careers Start Here
We offer incredible career opportunities, competitive compensation, mentoring support and robust benefits. Shine Your Light With Invo!
Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TODHH), School-Based
Gastonia, NC 28053 US
Invo Healthcare is seeking a talented Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing to join our school-based services team in Gaston County, NC. Invo is the nation’s leading provider of behavior, mental health and therapy services in schools. Gaston County Schools prides themselves in a healthy work environment. Contracted employees will feel included and expected and/or encouraged to participate in all trainings, meetings, and events when necessary. Contracted employees may also work on Teacher Work Days!
To qualify, applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Hold a state Instructional Certificate in Special Education to teach the deaf, hard of hearing and hearing impaired
- Have experience working in schools or with children is a plus but not required
- Have knowledge of the materials, equipment and devices available to hearing impaired children and techniques for teaching their use
What to expect from the role?
- Working directly with hearing impaired students
- Evaluating hearing impaired students
- Reviewing doctor’s hearing-impaired paperwork for each student
- Utilizing knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of language development, auditory training, lip reading and speech training
- Working and building relationships with parents, teachers and school personnel
- Fulfilling all other teacher duties that arise
What to expect from your Invo experience?
We focus on helping our employees maximize their potential within each field through mentorship, a team atmosphere, a promote from within culture and keeping your well-being at the front of mind.
A few of our standard benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
Our employee-centric company provides unique opportunities for Teachers such as:
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education
- A dedicated clinical lead
- Professional liability coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Licensure reimbursement
Who is Invo Healthcare?
Invo Healthcare has been providing therapy services to children for 30 years in school-based contracts and clinics, with a mission of inspiring and nurturing growth for all learners. The Invo team is comprised of education and therapy leaders who have a keen understanding of how to meet the unique needs of school districts, children and families and help them succeed. Each of our employees are wholeheartedly committed to providing positive outcomes for children and helping them shine in their own way.
Invo is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities (e.g., recruitment, hiring, assignment, conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, discipline and termination) without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local law. Please visit our website www.invocompanies.com/careers