Exceptional Careers Start Here
We offer incredible career opportunities, competitive compensation, mentoring support and robust benefits. Shine Your Light With Invo!
Mental Health Professional/Mental Health Counselor, Full-Time
Reno, NV 89506 US
Invo Healthcare is seeking a talented, full-time Mental Health Professional (Mental Health Counselors) to join our school-based services team in Washoe County. Invo is the nation’s leading provider of behavior, mental health and therapy services in schools and communities.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling or another related field
- Current Department of Health licensure or registration required
- Primary and Secondary (elementary and middle) school experience preferred
What to expect from this role?
- Ability to apply evidenced-based mental health counseling methods and techniques
- Knowledge of community mental health resources
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diversity
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and/or mental health counseling principles, procedures, and standards
- Working knowledge of DSM V
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individualized modification
- Ability to work independently, as well as, to develop collaborative relationships with school administration, physicians, families, students, interdisciplinary team and other community agencies
- Completes biopsychosocial assessments, to obtain information pertaining to medical history or other pertinent information.
- Administers trauma-informed screening and assessment tools, such as the Beck Youth Inventory and ACE Questionnaire.
- Provides individual and group counseling and classroom support (when appropriate) with students focusing on emotional or behavioral goals to promote enhanced school functioning with signed parental consent
- Consults with parents, classroom teachers, the school principal and other school personnel to maximize the effectiveness of services, as appropriate
- Administers therapeutic interventions and the following modalities: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Seeking Safety in individual, family, and group settings
- Supports campus counselors and administrators to conduct crisis risk assessments, de-escalate students, and provide recommendations for community/family support, as appropriate
- Works in collaboration with other team members and school staff to evaluate student progress, modify treatment goals, review transition plans, and referrals to post-acute care providers
- Provides consultation to parents and family members regarding progress and concerns for students
- Completes classroom observations to monitor student progress and classroom management skills implemented
- Develops concrete, specific individualized treatment plans with goals, objectives and discharge criteria to address student and family needs
- Collaborates with community providers (social service agencies, psychiatrists, counselors and dependency and criminal attorneys) to advocate for student and family needs
- Assists in implementing behavior treatment programs within the classroom
- Facilitates and supports restorative justice and conflict resolution skills within the classroom
- Assures clinical documentation is completed according to Invo policy and procedures
What to expect from your Invo experience?
We focus on helping our employees maximize their potential within each field through unparalleled support and mentoring, a team atmosphere, continued professional development, a promote from within culture and keeping your well-being at the front of mind.
A few of our standard benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
Our employee-centric company provides unique opportunities for Mental Health Professional such as:
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education
- A dedicated clinical lead
- Professional liability coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Licensure reimbursement
Who is Invo Healthcare?
Invo Healthcare has been providing therapy services to children for 30 years in school-based contracts and clinics, with the mission of inspiring and nurturing growth for all learners. The Invo team is comprised of education and therapy leaders who have a keen understanding of how to meet the unique needs of school districts, children and families and help them succeed. Each of our employees are wholeheartedly committed to providing positive outcomes for children and helping them shine in their own way.
Invo is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities (e.g., recruitment, hiring, assignment, conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, discipline and termination) without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local law. Please visit our website www.invocompanies.com/careers