Exceptional Careers Start Here
We offer incredible career opportunities, competitive compensation, mentoring support and robust benefits. Shine Your Light With Invo!
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) – Make an IMPACT
Las Vegas, NV 89121 US
Invo Healthcare is developing a school-based IMPACT team in Las Vegas, NV and we are looking for a dynamic, full-time Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) to join our team. Invo is the nation’s leading provider of behavior, mental health and therapy services in schools and communities.
Our revolutionary IMPACT program model provides students with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) with the integrated resources needed to significantly reduce problematic behavior while meaningfully improving school performance.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Hold a master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling
- Have active state-level licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Have experience working with pediatric or school-aged children preferred but not required
What to expect from this role?
- Apply evidenced-based mental health counseling methods and techniques
- Utilize knowledge of local community mental health resources and collaborate with community providers to advocate for student and family needs
- Utilize DSM and mental health counseling principles, procedures, and standards
- Work independently, as well as, to develop collaborative relationships with parents, teachers, school administration, physicians, families, students, interdisciplinary team and other community agencies
- Complete biopsychosocial assessments, to obtain information pertaining to medical history or other pertinent information
- Administer trauma-informed screening and assessment tools, such as the Beck Youth Inventory and ACE Questionnaire
- Provide individual and group counseling and classroom support (when appropriate) with students to focus on emotional or behavioral goals that promote enhanced school functioning, with signed parental consent
- Administer therapeutic interventions and the following modalities: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Seeking Safety in individual, family, and group settings
- Support campus counselors and administrators to conduct crisis risk assessments, de-escalate students, and provide recommendations for community/family support, as appropriate
- Provides consultation to parents and family members regarding progress and concerns for students
- Completes classroom observations to monitor student progress and classroom management skills implemented
- Develops concrete, specific individualized treatment plans with goals, objectives and discharge criteria to address student and family needs
- Assists in implementing behavior treatment programs and facilitates and supports restorative justice and conflict resolution skills within the classroom
- Assures clinical documentation is completed according to Invo policy and procedures
What to expect from your Invo experience?
We focus on helping our employees maximize their potential within each field through unparalleled support and mentoring, a team atmosphere, continued professional development, a promote from within culture and keeping your well-being at the front of mind.
A few of our standard benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
Our employee-centric company provides unique opportunities such as:
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education
- A dedicated clinical lead
- Professional liability coverage
- Professional development stipend
- Licensure reimbursement
Who is Invo Healthcare?
Invo Healthcare has been providing therapy services to children for 30 years in school-based contracts and clinics, with the mission of inspiring and nurturing growth for all learners. The Invo team is comprised of education and therapy leaders who have a keen understanding of how to meet the unique needs of school districts, children and families and help them succeed. Each of our employees are wholeheartedly committed to providing positive outcomes for children and helping them shine in their own way.
Invo is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities (e.g., recruitment, hiring, assignment, conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, discipline and termination) without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military and veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local law. Please visit our website www.invocompanies.com/careers